Hey there Guys. Today in the news was a report that New Zealand parliament listed to the idea that gay marriage should be called “sarriage” to differentiate it from heterosexual marriage. From News.com.au: Local campaigner Russell Morrison put his proposal to the government administration committee yesterday during a public hearing on marriage equality legislation. “There [...]
Tag Archives | gay marriage
Hey there Guys. Today I came across some interesting research that shows coming out as a gay man or woman leads to decreased symptoms of stress as well as lower levels of stress hormones in the blood. Release this week in the journal Psychosomatic Medicine: Researchers affiliated with the University of Montreal, tested the levels [...]
Hey there Guys. Just this week I had an interesting interaction with a colleague about gay relationships. Sadly I have to say that the interaction left me rather disappointed and angry that when offered the opportunity to discuss the wide and varied topics available about gay relationships that delightfully tired chestnut appeared: Monogamy Vs. Non-Monogamy. [...]
Twitter is filled with much joy and excitement with Tasmania taking the first step to being the first state in Australia to allow gay marriage. Tasmania’s House of Assembly has passed a bill to allow gay couples to marry bit.ly/Ox2M7Q — ABC News (@abcnews) August 30, 2012 Tasmania was not always a progressive state… 16 [...]
With the current debate about gay marriage there has been a lot of discussion about the “validity” and “strength” of gay relationships. Much like in the straight world there are all sorts of relationships. Gay relationships range from people who are perpetually dating, serial monogamy, right through to couples that have been together for many years, [...]
Hey there Guys, Well today has been quite an adventure. A few months ago a small band of homophobic doctors made a splash in Australia after quoting dodgy statistics saying that the legalising of gay marriage was not only damaging to health but also to children. For a bit of a recap please be sure to check [...]
Dear Premier Newman, Today I am sitting at my computer in shock. I’m shocked to see the news that the recognition of homosexual civil unions has now be relegated to a mere “registration”, akin to registering a dog or a trailer for the car. Just under 6 months ago on the 30th of November, Queensland [...]
Hey there Guys, Today I wanted to share a disturbing story published in the Australian paper The Star Observer: [Gay] Marriage Will Lead To Health Risks. This story the reports how 150 Australian doctors have banded together against same sex marriage. [wpse_b_box_solid width="87%" style="blue_light"]A group of 150 medical professionals have claimed same-sex marriage would negatively [...]
Hey there Guys, Today I came across a press release from The American Sociological Society who’s study has revealed that people who are married were over three times more likely to be alive 3 months after heart surgery then those who were single. To quote the release: “That’s a dramatic difference in survival rates for [...]
- Stealth Bareback: Payment For Teaching How To Infect With HIV? March 20, 2013
- Would You Trust A Fat Doctor? April 21, 2013
- Boy Scouts Of America Vote To Allow Gay Scouts But Not Leaders April 20, 2013
- Follow Up On Travel To UAE When HIV Positive April 12, 2013
- Qantas Responds To Concerns For HIV Positive Staff & Tourists Travelling To UAE April 9, 2013
- Dog Ownership Associated With Reduced Heart Disease May 17, 2013
- Is Facebook Driving Us Crazy? May 14, 2013
- Are Gay Pick Up Apps Like Grindr Healthy? May 13, 2013
- Could Back Pain Be Cured With Antibiotics? May 8, 2013
- New Guidelines Released For Prostate Cancer Screening May 7, 2013
- Richard Patricks: Possibly the best decision I have ever made was to...
- George Forgan-Smith: While not a cat owner if I was I'd have to have o...
- Scott Wheeler: We don't have any dogs but we have 7 cats and we ...
- Phil Browne: Couldn't agree more. As a dog owner for 12 years ...
- Marios Patrinos: George Forgan-Smith I found this on wikipedia - i...