Today I wanted to highlight an important side effect of a small handful of medications used to treat HIV infection: lipoatrophy, sometimes also called lipodystrophy. Lipoatrophy is a problem where normal fat layers in the face, legs and butt shrink or disappear, leading to changes to the body that can be very distressing. The loss of [...]
Tag Archives | HIV treatments
Good news in the world of HIV with the FDA approval of a new HIV treatment Stribild. This new medication combines the two drugs found in Truvada with two new medications that inhibit the replication of HIV as well as helping this new medication last longer in the body. The combination of these four medicines [...]
Hey there Guys, You may remember there was a bit of press last year about a man who was cured of HIV after a bone marrow transplant. To bring up you to speed, as noted in The Vienna Review: In 2007, Timothy Ray Brown, referred to as the ‘Berlin Patient,’ received a rare stem cell [...]
Hey there guys, Today I was alerted to this video on Stephen Fry’s Twitter stream: The End of AIDS? from Stop AIDS Campaign on Vimeo. This is an interesting video. The thought of eradicating HIV/AIDS in a single generation is amazing. Today I thought it might be a good to discuss the research and science [...]
Had we lived in a world that was free of HIV there is a very good chance that Freddy Mercury would have turned 65 this week. It’s with great sadness that I noted Google’s splash screen standing tribute to one of our generation’s most talented musicians. One of the many talented gay men we have [...]
- Would You Trust A Fat Doctor? April 21, 2013
- Boy Scouts Of America Vote To Allow Gay Scouts But Not Leaders April 20, 2013
- Qantas Responds To Concerns For HIV Positive Staff & Tourists Travelling To UAE April 9, 2013
- Follow Up On Travel To UAE When HIV Positive April 12, 2013
- Two Dads On A Train March 22, 2013
- Dog Ownership Associated With Reduced Heart Disease May 17, 2013
- Is Facebook Driving Us Crazy? May 14, 2013
- Are Gay Pick Up Apps Like Grindr Healthy? May 13, 2013
- Could Back Pain Be Cured With Antibiotics? May 8, 2013
- New Guidelines Released For Prostate Cancer Screening May 7, 2013
- David Thomas Wright: What is a GBM / GBM?...
- Joseph De Luca: There's so much negativity and hatred in the worl...
- Ross Skiffington: Such a sad post Dr Forgan-Smith. It is so disheart...
- Mike Dax: It's amazing how bigoted gay guys can be, baring ...
- Duncan Campbell: You'd be fine - see http://lifeinthefastlane.com/...