Today I received a copy of the following correspondence between Australian Senator Nick Xenophon and Qantas’ Olivia Wirth addressing concerns about problems for HIV positive staff and travellers with the new Qantas Emirates agreement that routes almost all European routes via UAE. By “problems” I of course mean the potential arrest and deportation of HIV positive citizens within UAE. [...]
Tag Archives | HIV
Hey there Guys. Today I was sent a link to a somewhat hysterical post from the Canberra Times Newspaper. The basic crux of the story is that a 17 year old girl sat in the same seat as a man with a “contagious blood-borne virus” who had managed to bleed from a head wound. By far the [...]
Hey there Guys. Well I’ve just arrived home from Bear New Zealand (BTW it was absolutely amazing!!!) to be greeted by this book on my desk: 117 BPM: Beats, Bashings and HIV Dementia. This book looks really interesting. I just wanted to send out a big thank you to Anthony for sending me a copy. [...]
Hey there Guys. While The Healthy Bear is not a blog devoted to travel, today I was alerted to an important problem for Australian PLWHA travellers after the Qantas Emirates codeshare agreement. Recently Qantas has forged a codeshare deal with Emirates that funnels Qantas flights to Europe via the Emirates home base in UAE. For [...]
Some interesting news today in HIV treatment research.A colleague from my old alma mater has reported new research that may help HIV treatments in the future. Scientists from the Queensland Institute of Medical Research say they have made a breakthrough that could lead to a potential cure for AIDS. Associate Professor David Harrich says they have discovered how [...]
Great new in Australia with Victoria being the first state to offer rapid HIV testing. By far the biggest advantage is results being in just 20 minutes. As reported in The Age: VICTORIA will become the first state to offer rapid HIV testing – where results are known almost immediately – under a Baillieu government [...]
Good news in the world of HIV with the FDA approval of a new HIV treatment Stribild. This new medication combines the two drugs found in Truvada with two new medications that inhibit the replication of HIV as well as helping this new medication last longer in the body. The combination of these four medicines [...]
Hey there Guys, When it comes to the world of porn, in particular bareback porn it’s been a very interesting few weeks. Just this week GMFA have release the findings of their porn study with the following results: 87% of gay men report watching porn at least once a week (1 in 4 watching porn [...]
Hey there Guys, Some great news reported recently in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) about changing treatment guidelines for people living with HIV, suggesting early treatment regardless of CD4 count. Current guidelines suggest holding back on starting HIV treatments until there is a drop in CD4 count to below 500, or if [...]
Hey there Guys, Exciting news in the science world today, with the discovery that an older chemotherapy drug, vorinostat, is able to help flush out HIV hiding within cells. One of the biggest issues currently with HIV is the concept of “latent virus”. When a cell becomes infected by the HIV virus, the genetic code [...]
- Stealth Bareback: Payment For Teaching How To Infect With HIV? March 20, 2013
- Would You Trust A Fat Doctor? April 21, 2013
- Boy Scouts Of America Vote To Allow Gay Scouts But Not Leaders April 20, 2013
- Follow Up On Travel To UAE When HIV Positive April 12, 2013
- Qantas Responds To Concerns For HIV Positive Staff & Tourists Travelling To UAE April 9, 2013
- Dog Ownership Associated With Reduced Heart Disease May 17, 2013
- Is Facebook Driving Us Crazy? May 14, 2013
- Are Gay Pick Up Apps Like Grindr Healthy? May 13, 2013
- Could Back Pain Be Cured With Antibiotics? May 8, 2013
- New Guidelines Released For Prostate Cancer Screening May 7, 2013
- Richard Patricks: Possibly the best decision I have ever made was to...
- George Forgan-Smith: While not a cat owner if I was I'd have to have o...
- Scott Wheeler: We don't have any dogs but we have 7 cats and we ...
- Phil Browne: Couldn't agree more. As a dog owner for 12 years ...
- Marios Patrinos: George Forgan-Smith I found this on wikipedia - i...