Sad news today of a 14 year old girl who died of a severe allergic reaction in Ireland.
Emma Sloan had a common allergy to peanuts. When exposed she suffered a severe allergic reaction that included swelling of the lips, throat and tongue. This sadly lead to closure of her airways and she was not able to be resuscitated.
Most sad was that her life could have been saved if she was carrying an EpiPen™. This is a auto injector that gives life saving injection of adrenalin when someone is having an anaphylactic reaction.
In most countries this is a prescribed medicine and a script can be obtained by your local doctor. If you suffer with severe allergies it’s important to always carry your EpiPen™ with you to enable swift treatment.
Secondly important is to ensure both you and those who you spend time with know how to operate the pen. Below is a great video that shows how to use an EpiPen™ in a severe allergic reaction.
Yours in great health over the holiday season.
P.S. Please share this post, you just don’t know who’s life it may save.
Leave a Reply